Sunday 10 March 2019

The Makhnovshchina

As if I didn't have enough projects going on, I decided I should paint my old Back of Beyond/Makhnovist project from a bunch of Russian Civil War figs I have.
The central figure here is Ukrainian Anarchist Black Guard commander Nestor Makhno with on his left the notoriously extravagant Fjodor Schuss. On his right may be Maria 'Marusya' Nikiforova, a fellow independent Black Guard commander.


I bought these Brigade Games figs already some years ago. At the time the Dollar was low and postage relatively cheap compared to today. I should've bought more as there's some really nice stuff in the Great War and the 'Storm in the East' ranges. Here's a resin Whippet tank. I painted no markings so it can be used by anybody.


This Lancia armoured car was made by Force of Arms' Spanish Civil War range. I believe it's now sold by Warlord Games for Bolt Action.
Coming next should be the anarchist cavalry. I ordered russian cossacks from Copplestone but also seven year war cossacks and some other useful miniatures from Foundry.

3 comments:

Skully said...

Fantastic brushwork, Sir!

area23 said...

Thank you!

(Kym) + Warburton + (Classic40K) said...

Nice work--a very interesting era and fertile territory for wargamers!