Sunday 24 September 2017

Tech-Priest, Chaos Renegade and More!

I've been really busy this last week and quite satisfied with the results.
First of all, here's my new Tech-Priest. Its an old artificer-armour marine (formerly known as armour variants). By Copplestone of course.
Back in the days the only Tech-Priests were the Bob Olley ones, but they didn't match the style of the rest of the Imperial Guard. 
Only twentyfive years later I figured this marine could do the job.


This miniature, based on an illustration in Rogue Trader, has the eagle with a human skull icon as shoulder pads, marking him clearly a Marine. But I figured these could be honour badges of some kind, while the man himself is just a normal human being. He does have the size of a standard human. The guy is a bit more tech and not gothic, fitting the direction I want to go with my Guard, allied with Tech gang hive militia.
His main job is maintaining the penal legion and detonating human bombs.


Next is a very old-chool Chaos Renegade. The miniature is from Space Crusade, the Milton Bradley boardgame.  I painted him with Vallejo Black Glaze mixed with green ink, over a grey undercoat. I think  it worked quite well for the original Renegade Giger-esque bio-mech look.

I got carried away with another side project, the Space Bastards. An initiative from the esteemed gentlemen on the Emporium of Rogue Dreams.  These are left-behind space marines. Psychotic fighting machines as in the book, but reduced to warlords, mercenaries and pirates (and ninjas! and lasers!). Some use broken down equipment and gear. 
I succumbed and got myself a bunch of second hand RTB01 beakie space marines. Here converted with Grenadier barbarian torsos and Kalashnikovs from the Assault Group. 
These guys realy dig the Bee Gees.

 "...We drink and rob and rhyme and pillage!"

Last but not least a new pic of a conversion from some years ago. The underhive miner is of course a plastic terminator stripped from it's skulls and baroque goth brooha.
The head is  a ball bearing with sculpted details while the screw is from an ancient Playmobil spaceman powertool.

No comments: