Saturday 31 August 2019

Little Prick the wizard

The other day I stumbled on these two wizards I painted several years ago when Frostgrave was released. Somehow I never showed them here.
Little Prick the wizard and his apprentice, Warwick W. Widget.

Any similarity of the halfling with Willow, George Lucas' 80's fantasy movie lead character, is purely coincedental. 

Willow was played by Warwick Davis of course, who also played Wicket the Ewok in Return of the Jedi.  My first Starwars action figure, incidentally. For mysterious reasons he was called Wicket W. Warrick on the Kenner Toys blister pack.

Don't know about you guys, but I thought it was so funny to call the halfling like this, it had me giggle for days.

I'll be rationing my blog posts the coming months because this year's edition of the Lead Painters League is coming up. This means I will be painting teams that will not be shown before published on the Lead Adventure Forum for the contest.  

EDIT: I dug up my old Mordheim buildings and scenery from 1999. Touched them up a bit with spraycans and contrast paint. 


1 comment:

Skully said...

Kenner's Wicket was part of my childhood also. Nice work on the wizards!